Do you still think that quality content is the only item that makes your blog superior to others? If you are, then this might be a devastating end to your blogging career. Lots of Bloggers devote their whole life in writing quality content, but they don’t give any importance to their site speed which is extremely significant for a blog. How people will read your quality content if your site keeps on loading again, and again. They might abandon your site without wasting any further time. The whole world is full of blogs with similar information so people will not wait till your site loads. They will straightaway jump to the next website that provides similar information. In this series, we will share some rare but extraordinary secretes that a web developer uses to make sure that his site takes less time. (We will share all the tips and techniques that we have applied on this MBL Blog).
Many new bloggers fail to realize that how crucial site speed is for a blog. The biggest reason behind their careless behavior is the lack of knowledge or proper guidance. Page speed means a specific time taken by a web browser, to load a complete webpage without any interruption. A web page that takes less than 5 seconds to load is considered as the perfect site speed.
Advantages of Having a Quick Loading Blog:
Before, we start to optimize our Blog speed its essential that we understand its advantages. Following are the key points that will clear our concept that why it’s significant to have a blog that loads less than 5 seconds.
- Reduces Bounce Rate: Speedy blog permit users to navigate through different pages without any hesitation whatsoever. It not only helps in shrink the bounce rate but also helps in increasing the time spend by a use on a website...
- Engage Users: It engages users by converting your new visitors into your followers. Moreover, it also increases the number of page views on your blog due to the rise in the number of visitors.
- Improve SEO: Site speed plays foremost role in Search engine optimization because a website with sluggish speed lessens the crawling rate and that damages the SEO big-time. Furthermore, crawlers penalize slow sites for providing lazy experience.
- Increase in Sponsors: Rapid site speed would grow the interests of advertisers. The chances are extremely high that advertisers might approach you for higher rates. It will be a footstep to start earning with demand.
- More Social Media Exposure: Users will share and bookmark your articles on social networking websites i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and etc. This will increase impression and ranking of a website.
- Bots Will Index New Pages Quickly: Search engine upholds those websites that gives more importance to their site speed. Hence, they index new pages rather quickly. Moreover, they even rank them well in search results.
- Increase in Mobile Users: Having a responsive website for mobile is a need of every popular website. Now day’s people are getting mobilized, so it’s extremely significant to increase our site speed to get more and more visitors from mobiles devices.
From The Editor’s Desk:
After the recent Google Panda, this would be a perfect time to maximize site speed of our blog. It would be fascinating to deliberate the techniques and tips required to make a site swift in terms of speed. We will be sharing some surprising ways of increase site speed that we’re practicing on this MBL blog. If you have any secrete tip or technique up in your sleeves then, don’t forget to include them in your comments. Please, don’t hesitate to ask your questions regarding anything that is un-cleared till then, Peace, Blessings and Happy Page Speeding.