There are bulks of online tools that give accurate information about the speed of a website. Here, we have assembled a list of few Tools that will analyze a website and would provide most appropriate results.
Comparing Your Site Speed with Others:
Comparing a website with other is always beneficial because a webmaster gets more and more curious in developing his website better than others. How about a Tool that compares the speed of two websites? On one hand, it appears fun because you can compete with your fellow bloggers that who has the most rapid speed. While on the other hand, it is extremely useful to compare load time of your site with a professional site. Just follow the following instructions to start comparing your site speed.
- Go To http://whichloadsfaster.com.
- Now insert Links (URLs) of two websites that you want to compare. Press the “GO” button and the system will start calculating the site speed of both websites. Once done, you will able to see which website is faster than the other. Moreover, a percentage will show you which is better. In the following screenshot, we have tested Apple.com with Adobe.com and you can see the results.
Google Site Speed Insight:
After comparing your websites with others, let’s learn how Google rates load time of a website. Google is the king of search engine, so it’s extremely vital to get a decent PageSpeed Score. By using Google Site Speed Insight tool, a webmaster can easily detect which Jquery or any other file is eating up the memory and causing to slow down the site load time. On the other hand, it provides lethal advices that how a webmaster can improve his site speed.
- Go to Google’s Site Insight Page.
- Insert the website URL that you want to test.
- Once done, you will witness a screen similar to following one.
Pingdom “Test the Load Time of a Web Page”:
This tool is extraordinary when it comes to test your site speed from different locations i.e. USA, UK and more. It provides the most detailed information about the speed of a website. Moreover, it’s free to use, so you won’t have to pay a single penny to test the load time of unlimited website. It also calculates the size of a web page, and the seconds it would take to load on a standard internet connection. If you want to get more tips about site speed then you can also try their paid services.
- Go to Pingdom Tools Page.
- Type the URL of a website that you wish to test.
- Once done, you will able to see a detailed report of your website.
These three tools would surely help a webmaster to detect whether his site is on a slower side, or its speed is normal. After testing your website in these tools remember to save a screenshot of your site speed because once this “Accelerate Blog Load Time” Series finishes we will compare the ratio of improvement in load time.
From The Editor’s Desk:
We are also using the same bunch of tools to calculate the site speed of this Blog. It would be better if you frequently check the speed of a website after doing any changes in it i.e. adding a new plugin, Widget and etc. In coming weeks, we will try our best to provide all those tips and tricks that we are applying on this blog. What are your thoughts about these Tools? Take a lot care of yourself till them Peace, blessings, and happy loading.