The new technique of hiring multiple bloggers has becoming common by each passing day. In the beginning this feature was only present in WordPress but now blogger has also made it possible to avail this facility. Blogger User Management System allows you to add various authors to your blog by just simply sending them requests. Now blogger users can have up to 100 authors for their blog.
Why to Add New Bloggers?As soon as one hears about having multiple authors in blogger, he wonders what it will bring to his blog. So, here are some productive benefits of adding more authors:
- This will help your newly hired author to have his own profile.
- Authors can manage everything from a single dashboard.
- Authors would get the same benefit as the admin but they won’t have access to the major admin settings. He has rights to write posts.
How to add a new Author in BloggerHere is the simple way to add new authors to your blog. All you have to do is to follow these simple steps:
The very first thing you need to do is to sign in to your blogger account and go to Settings >> Basics >> Add Authors.
Now type the email addresses of the people whom you are interests to invite to your blog, each separated by a comma. When you’re done then click Invite authors..
As soon as you send them an invitation they will receive an email. That email will consist of a link that a person must follow to start contributing as a author, a screenshot of the email is attached below:
Changing PermissionBlogger provides you with these default user roles:
- Administrator: They have full access to the blog including posting or deleting content, adding or removing members and they also have the authority to transfer ownership.
- Author:They can only create and edit their own post. They have the authority to remove themselves from blog membership.
In order to set an admin, go to settings, and then permission sub-tab. below will be the list of authors working for you. Besides the name of the author, there will be a button named ‘Admin’. Click that button and you are done.
Note: Admins have the share of authority equivalent to you possessing the ability to delete something completely.
So this is how you can add multiple writers to your blog and providing your readers with content diversity matching their taste.