If you are sophisticated that Blogger Blogs cannot be hacked or destroyed then you are letting your security down big-time. Though, Blogger is the property of Google it doesn’t mean that it cannot be hacked because Hackers can easily get into your Password without any difficulty. For that only reason, Google has introduced 2-Step Verification system so users can maximize their security to a great extent. If you are security conscious and see your blog as a part of your family then you should straightaway apply this functionality to it. Today we will discuss why you should use Google’s 2-Step Verification system on your blog. (We are using the same function on this blog to protect it from hackers)
What is Google 2-Step Verification?
It is the kind of functionality which confirms twice whether it is the true owner of a blog or an unwanted personality is trying to access the account illegally. Normally passwords can be cracked because peoples are too lazy to change their passwords even if they receive a security warning. Well, 2-Step Verification is the perfect solution of that. For instance, the hacker knows your Blogger Username and Passwords even then they cannot get into your account, because they won’t have a time limited random security code (provided by Google Authenticator). Since, Your Blog is directly linked to your mobile so whenever somebody attempt to login into your account it send a unique verification code to your preferred mobile number.
How To Setup Google 2-Step Verification On Blogger Blogs:
The steps are pretty much straightforward, and it would barely take less than 10 minutes to complete the integration. Just do as mentioned below.
- Firstly Login to Your Blogger Account.
- Now Go To Google Account Security Page.
- Press the EDIT Button next to (2-step verification) and proceed to the next step.
- Now you will be able to see a new window, just ignore everything and Press the “See How it Works” Button and move to the next step.
- Now you will see a page which describes the fact why its significant to use Google Mobile Verification system. Just Press the “Start Setup” Button and move on to the next step.
- Then you have to insert your Mobile number, make sure you insert the correct mobile number because you will receive all the verification codes on the same number. Once you have entered your mobile number, just press the “Send Code” button.
- Now you will receive a Message on your mobile which would consist of six digits “Google Verification Code”. Just insert the security code to confirm that you are the mobile holder and hit the Verify Button.
- Lastly, press the confirm button and your 2-Step Verification have been applied and activated. Now your blog is secured and only you can access it with the help of Google verification code that you can receive on your mobile device.
Now whenever you will login into your Blogger account, you also have to insert the verification code that you will receive on mobile. You have to insert the verification code each and every time until you allow the app to remember your computer’s Mac Address.
From The Editor’s Desk:You might be thinking, the process is extremely complicated but once you successfully setup 2-Step Verification things would be pretty much on the simpler side. Truly, it is one of the safest and secure ways to protect your website from unwanted IPs and protocols. The SMS that you will receive from Google is FREE of cost which means your cellular network will not deduct a single penny. Fancy your chances with Google Mobile Verification and we are quite sure it would never let you down. We are also using the same functionality on this blog and so far it’s just splendid. If you have any difficulty or query feel free to ask till then, Peace, Blessings and happy securing.