I know you are curious to check how your post will look once you applied the following tutorial so here is the live demo.
Reasons Why You Should Use Review Markups Star Rating in SERP
Before we jump onto our tutorial, let us study few features of Review Markup plugin.
- Whenever, a person searches a certain keyword in Google his aim is to get the desirable result in just one click, and by placing review stars, we are allowing users to get to a place which has the most perfect knowledge.
- By adding review markups in a certain post you are telling visitors that it is a trusted page and the information present in this page is worthwhile.
- You will receive more traffic because you have the most unique presentation in the SERP with Review Markups.
How to Install Review Markup in Blogger Post:
Installing review markup in WordPress Blog is extremely straightforward then installing it in Blogger, because there are numerous Plugins available which makes everything possible in WordPress. However, blogger don’t have robust plugins so here we will take help of chunk of HTML coding that will work as perfect as the Plugins available in WordPress.
- Step#1: Go To Blogger.com >> Add a Post >> HTML Tab
- Step#2: Then copy and paste the following HTML code in HTML tab of Blogger post editor.
<div class="hreview"> <span class="item"> <span class="fn">Name-Of-Product-(You are reviewing)</span><br/> </span> Reviewed by <span class="reviewer">Reviewer-Name-Here</span>on <span class="dtreviewed">Aug 11 2012<span title="2012-11-08" class="value-title"></span><br/> </span> Rating: <span class="rating">Your-Stars</span></div>Customization:
- Replace Name-Of-Product-(You are reviewing) with the title/name of product that you are reviewing.
- Replace Reviewer-Name-Here with your name that you want to see in Search results.
- Replace Aug 11 2012 with the current date along with 2012-11-08 in YY-MM-DD format.
- And the last but not the least, replace Your-Stars with the number of your ratings. Mean how many stars you want to give to your product but keep in mind, that you must have to give review out of 5.
Using Google Rich Snippet Tool For Verification:
Google Introduced Rich Snippets Tools so that bloggers and webmasters can preview how their Blog or Website URLs would appear in Search engine result, but still majority of the bloggers are still unaware of this tremendous tool.
- Step#3: Now, the next step is to verify that you have done everything correctly? So, to do so use the Google Rich Snippets Tool to see how your post result will look in Google. One more thing keep in mind that you have to do so with each post individually. And the rating words will also appear at the end of your post.
From The Editor's Desk:
Hope you will like my first tutorial on MBL (My Blogger Lab). Leave your precious comments and questions (if you have any). Till then Peace, blessings and Happy Staring.