Google verified authorship is the ticket to get featured on SERP (Search Engine Results). By becoming a Google verified author, we can easily make ourselves highlighted by placing our picture next to each and every Link of our website that appears in search result. If you have ever seen MyBloggerLab articles on Google search engine, then you might have seen the picture of our founder Syed Faizan Ali. In this article, we will discuss how to get Google’s Verified Authorship.
Reason why you need to be a Google Verified Author:
There are unlimited benefits in becoming Google verified author so before we get started with our tutorial let’s look at few reasons.
- Most of the internet folks have claimed that after becoming verified author their half of traffic increased, and we know why that happened (Due to uniqueness).
- It increases your reliability and people are able to recognize you as a branded company.
- It helps Google search algorithms to rank certain well-known author’s article top of others.
- Your articles get a unique outlook which attracts users like a bee to select your website.
How To Become Google Verified Author:
Unlike other Google Apps this one is most straightforward, and mostly depends on coding so you don’t need to worry about the steps they indeed uncomplicated. Follow the Following steps to become verified author.
Step#1: Create Google Plus Account and Setup Profile:
Setting up your Google Plus account is most significant because this would be the place where Google will snippet your information i.e. Name, picture and place it to their search results. Setting up a Google+ account is as easy as one, two, and three so just logon to Plus.google.com if you don’t have an account then register a new one, Upload your image and fill your personal details (You need Gmail in order to register Google+ account).
Step#2: Link Your Google Plus Profile to your Blog or Author Page:
Now you need to verify that you are the original Blog holder, so you need to connect your Google Plus account to your Website. Just add the Following links in your Blogger BlogSpot Blog, you can add them in About the Author page or in the footer any place which is suitable for you.
1. First add the following code to your Header or footer any place you like.
<a href="Google_Plus_Link" rel="author" target="_blank"> Join me on Google+</a>Here rel="author" attribution would indicate bots that this Google Plus profile is the original author of this blog.Don't forget to replace Google_Plus_Link with your Google+ profile URL i.e. https://plus.google.com/u/0/106374439082237286396
2. Now create an About Us Page, and link it in your website navigation like we have done in our header but you can link it anywhere you like. (Please use the following code to link your About Us Page).
<a rel="author" href="http://www.mybloggerlab.com/2012/05/some-thing-about-author-syed-faizan-ali.html">About</a>
3. Now this is the most crucial part of the whole process. In your About Us Page make sure you insert your picture, which is of 128px in width then 128px in height, and should be in JPEG image format. Note: Don’t forget to insert the following link in the first line of your About Us Page.
<a rel="me" href=https://plus.google.com/107381172453188253394 title="Syed Faizan Ali">Syed Faizan Ali</a>
Here rel="me" attribution would further more indicate to bots that you are the verified publisher.
- Replace My Google Plus profile link from the above link with your Google+ Profile, that you want to see in the search results and write your name instead of Syed Faizan Ali.
Step#3: Adding Your Links To Google Plus
- Now go to your Google Plus Profile >> and press Edit Profile.
- Then you will be able to see the button which says Links (Press it).
- Now press “Custom Link” and proceed to next step.
Add Blog URL (Homepage) and About US Page. You can even add Twitter, Facebook or any other social networking URL that is associated with your blog.
- Once you have added all those links press save button.
- Now Log on to http://profiles.google.com/me/plusones.
- Again Press Edit Profile
- Check the Box “Show this tab on my profile” and then Press Save button.
Step#4: Uploading Your Image To Google:
Now finally the last step, here you need to upload your image to Google, but make sure it is of top quality because it will appear in search engine beside your website. You image will be accepted if you choose 150px by 150px, but it would be delightful if you select 125px by 125px size Display Picture.
Once your picture is completely uploaded Press save button
Once your picture is completely uploaded Press save button
- Now go to your Blogger >> Your About us Page >> Edit.
- And upload the same image which is being used at Google Plus. Now wait at least for 2 days (depend on your website crawling) and your profile picture would appear perfectly next to your each and every website URL in search results.
Testing!! How Your will Appear in Search:
Now in order to verify everything is managed perfectly we will use Rich Snippet Tool. Just insert your homepage URL in the text area and Press the button which says “Preview”.
If you have followed each and every step properly then you will be able to see your Picture, which you uploaded on Google Plus and the other external profile links i.e. about us, Twitter and etc. You will also witness a text which says “Verified: Authorship markup is verified for this page”, so you are now officially verified by Google.
From The Editors Desk:
If you have any difficulty in this tutorial, please feel free to ask your question. If you want bots to crawl your blog more quickly, then use http://blogsearch.google.com/ping to Ping Google bots (Only for PageRank 1 Blogs and Websites).
Alhamdulillah! Google itself verified me (Syed Faizan Ali) as the official author of MyBloggerLab so I have not mess up in the middle though we have done the changes which we have mentioned in the tutorial. Peace, Blessings and Happy Google Authorship.