Do you still think that your Blogger blog never goes down whenever you are asleep? What a person could do when his website stopped responding in the middle of the night while the other side of the world tries to access his website. All These situations might brutalize a blogger and might also affect the website’s reputation. Every now and then, your site goes downs for few seconds and comes up. In this situation, a person thinks that his website always remains UP, but he is unaware of the fact that what is going on. In this article, we will look at How to monitor your Server uptime in Blogger Enabled website, so a person know about each and everything that what’s going behind the scenes of his website.
What Does the Term “Server Uptime Monitoring” Means?
It’s quite obvious that, a person cannot sit in front of his computer gazing 24 hours a day to keep an eagle’s eye on his website. Fortunately, there are some FREE of Cost services that monitors websites and sends rapid notifications whenever a website goes down. Furthermore, it also provides the several reasons that why your site was down and much more exciting features.
Some Significant Reasons Why to Monitor Blogger Blog’s Uptime:
Before, we jump onto our tutorial let us first look at the few meaningful reasons that why it is essential to Monitor your Blogger site’s update.
- Search Engine Hates Down Websites: As we all aware of the point that, Search engine only rank those sites on the Top of the SERP Ranking which are consistent and has significantly little down time. They are frequently penalizing those sites which are failing to maintain 24/7 server uptime.
- Downtime = Loss in Money: If a website that remains down, or inaccessible for a longer period of time then, possibilities are extremely high that a person might notice a significant decrease in his daily revenue.
- Website’s Credibility: If a website goes down again and again, then it’s quite obvious that, visitors might get annoyed. Readers are like guest so instead of guiding them to a dead-end it’s the duty of a person to provide them user friendly experience. Having a down website is just like closing the doors of your home on the face of your guests even though it’s not intentionally.
How to Monitor Your Server uptime in Blogger:
In this tutorial, we will show an appropriate of monitoring server up time in Blogger enabled sites. Though, there are many plugins that helps to monitor server uptime, but we have chosen the perfect out of them. It will continuously check your site (Hours, minutes and even seconds). Furthermore, it automatically sends notifications to a file where all data is saved.
Pingdom Status For Blogger:
Pingdom is website monitoring giant without almost millions of users. Top companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Ericsson and Vodafone always depend upon Pingdom when it comes to monitor their uptime. It keeps an eagle eye on the server uptime, and whenever it goes down it automatically sends emails plus SMS (Warning Message) to your mobile. It has delightful interface that displays all the statistics.
Step#1: Sign Up on Pingdom
Go to www.pingdom.com and register your Free Account. Once the website gets load, Scroll down and Select the button which Say's "FREE SIGN UP". Consider the following screenshot to learn more about it.
After pressing the "FREE SIGN-UP" button a new window will pop'd out which will ask for your Personal Details. Insert Email Address, Password and then finally press Sign Up button.
Step#2: Getting Started With Pingdom:
Here things would get a bit complicated but if you just follow our instructions then its as easy as a piece of cake. Consider the following instructions.
1. Please introduce yourself: After registering, it will redirect to a page where it will ask for details. Go a head and insert your First Name, Last Name and Company Name once down press the Save Changes button.
2. Your Time Zone: Please insert the timezone that a person want to select in order to monitor his website. Once down go a head and Press the Save Changes button.
3. Create a Check: Now from here things would get a bit more complicated. However, it can be handle quite easily if one follow the steps correctly. Do as mentioned below.
- URL/IP: In this text Area insert the Website URL of a website which a person want to monitor.
- Name of check: In this text box give a name to your campaign so you can remember it easily.
- Check interval: This this the most significant part. Just select the minimal time interval so it checks your site again and again for downtime.
4. Want to get alerts? Just check (Tick) this box and a new list of options will be open. There are two ways of getting Alerts one is through Email, and the second is via SMS alerts. Don't hesitate and follow the instructions.
- Name: Select the name.
- Email: Enter your email address where you want to receive all the Alerts.
- Phone Country Code: From the list, select your country.
- Cell Phone Number: Enter the mobile phone number where you want to receive notifications.
All Done: Once everything is final go ahead and Press "CREATE CHECK" button. Congratulations, now you're up and running. Pingdom will start monitoring right away. If anyone has any questions then, don't hesitate to contact their support.
Some Other Server Up time monitors:
It would appear illogical to select any other service when we have a more than decent service like Pingdom. However, if we have the opportunity to learn things then we should grab it. Consider the following sites which are not better than Pingdom, but they are worth considering.
From The Editor's Desk:
People might say that it is totally useless to Monitor Blogger site because Google’s server never goes down. We do agree with the fact that Google server is professional, but they are not invincible. Furthermore, a breakdown in DNS could also play its role in increasing the downtime. What are your thoughts about monitoring Server uptime? Take a lot care till then, Peace, Blessings and Happy Monitoring.