What is Google Panda?For those who don’t' know, Google Panda is not a name of an animal it is Google's Algorithm that ranks different websites on the basis of their content. The main aim of this algorithm is to lower the rank of low-quality sites that have less or no content and give more exposure to high-quality sites on the top. Google also has other algorithm that takes care of the search results like Google Penguin, EMD (Exactly Matched Domains) update, Google Hummingbird and thousands of others that are not revealed to public.
What's new in Google Panda 4.0?
Google is rolling out our Panda 4.0 update starting today.— Matt Cutts (@mattcutts) May 20, 2014
- Panda 4.0 on July 24th affected 4% Search Terms (Current).
- Panda 3.9 on July 24th affected 1% Search Terms
- Panda 3.8 on June 25th affected 1% Search Terms.
- Panda 3.7 on June 9th affected 1% queries in United States while less than 1% worldwide.
- Panda 3.6 on April 27th
- Panda 3.5 on April 19th
- Panda 3.4 on March 23rd
- Panda 3.3 on about February 26th
- Panda 3.2 on about January 15th
- Panda 3.1 on November 18th
- Panda 2.5.3 on October 19/20th
- Panda 2.5.2 on October 13th
- Panda 2.5.1 on October 9th
- Panda 2.5 on September 28th
- Panda 2.4 in August
- Panda 2.3 on around July 22nd
- Panda 2.2 on June 18th
- Panda 2.1 on May 9th
- Panda 2.0 on April 11th
- Panda 1.0 on February 24th
Incase your website is been affected then don't forget to check our article on How To Identify And Recover From Google Panda 3.8 Update?